Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Too much Star Wars


How much is too much?

Like you, I’ve been bombarded with nothing but Star Wars for the last two months. True, I did spend one week in Disney World, so maybe I’ve been blasted more than the average person, but still…

I love Star Wars. It was a major part of my childhood. I stood in line for over an hour to see Episode One. So why am I not overly excited about this one? I don’t know. I think it has to do with the amount of advertising sent my way. It feels like I’ve already seen it, if that makes any sense.

Will I go to the theater? Probably. But I’m not as excited as I should be.

Have a great weekend everyone!

-Mel

3 comments:

  1. It has been promotion overload. I'll still go Friday. Besides, I have my tickets already.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never been a big Star Wars fan either. I did see the ones with Hayden Christensen and Natalie Portman, partly because I really like Natalie Portman's acting. Also, I usually only see movies once or twice a year; the last time I went to the theater was last February or March, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My first husband was obsessed. So were all his friends. So in the 90s, when they rereleased the original movies and started releasing the new round of them, I was dragged along for all of it. SO sick of it. You have no idea! Ten years of overexposure...waiting in line for hours to get good seats when the doors opened, etc. We even dedicated a room of our first apartment to Star Wars junk. So tonight when my husband said he'd like to "eventually" see the new Star Wars movie, you can imagine the look of horror on my face. "Oh no! Not again!" But he said he'd just heard good things about it and it has Harrison Ford in it. (Although I think he's just a small part of it?)

    ReplyDelete