Wednesday, November 4, 2015

IWSG

First Wednesday of the Month

Hello, everyone! Today is the first Wednesday of the month, which makes it IWSG time. Thanks to Alex J. Cavanaugh and co-hosts to putting this on each month. If you feel like joining in, you can find out more here.

So what am I insecure about right now? It’s hard to explain. I have just started two very part-time jobs, and while eventually I’ll only be working fifteen hours a week between the two, right now I’m in orientation and it feels like I’m working full-time. So what does that have to do with writing, you may ask? Everything. The first day of NaNo crept right by and I didn’t even notice. For me that’s a big deal; I’ve done NaNo for years. The fact that November first was just another day on the calendar this year is really freaking me out. It’s like I left my kid at the babysitter overnight and didn’t even realize it. Have I stopped? I know it sounds like I’m over-exaggerating here, but that is one of my biggest fears: stopping writing and not caring that I have. Am I alone here?

9 comments:

  1. I haven't really written anything (besides blog posts) in forever so I always feel that fear that I may never actually write again. But sometimes we just need to slow it down a little. Sometimes life gets in the way of your writing time. Hopefully you can get back into a writing groove soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hit two big stretches like that. It does come back.
    Good luck with orientation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes when you have a little break from writing, you're refreshed and ready with new ideas when you're ready to tackle it again. Best wishes with your new job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Life gets like that, busy and mashed, it doesn't mean your writing is slipping or you're not dedicated. You said so yourself, you JUST started these jobs. It takes a while to fit our lives around new things.

    You can always catch-up later, or do a writing challenge a different month.

    ReplyDelete
  5. No matter what anyone might say, but starting a new job (much less two of them) always throws life for a loop. It's no how much time you spend on the job, it's getting acclimated to your new surroundings. Good luck with getting your life back to normal.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was afraid I'd hit that when I went years without writing fiction, only non-fiction. But ideas came back and I'm at it again.

    Love your new header.

    ReplyDelete
  7. There have been times in my life when I've stopped writing for a while...but I always come back to it. You can't get away from it if it's in your soul!

    ReplyDelete
  8. No you are not alone. One must realize what they can do and that's all they can do. That being said, go ninja style and be an overcomer and do great things you never knew were attainable.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can totally relate to how you feel. Everyone gets pissed off because I want to work part-time doing something I love at this age instead of doing what it takes to pay the bills as I have for over 20+ years, and to also focus on perfecting my blog. Still, there are lags either way until it's all pulled together. I pray that all works out for you with minimal stress and headaches. Hugs...RO www.intheknowwithro.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete